A Day in the Life of Me

The random thoughts of me....

Friday, June 09, 2006

Maybe Sleep isn't so overrated......

Yesterday I was so exhausted at work. I guess that less then 6 hours of sleep in 4 days catches up to you. I was watching the clock because I just wanted to go home and go to sleep.

Work was... Well work.... The government confuses the heck out of me sometimes. I'm in the process of ordering supplies, and for the past however many years we have always orders supplies from a specific vendor. Well now they get this new system called EMALL, where we have to research the supplies on the computer and order them through specific vendors. It is so difficult to find anything, and the prices are way different then going through our normal vendors. For example... I order specific Xerox paper for our printers, and if I go through Xerox 30 boxes of paper costs $1977, but if we go through the EMALL vendors it is going to cost $4197 for the exact same paper. This is the government wasting our precious tax dollars. They will not authorize us to purchase these supplies any other way. That price is more then double what I pay. It's so frustrating sometimes. I think the government needs to figure something out. They took a lot of money out of our budget and then tell us we have to order supplies from a system that costs double the price of what we would pay.

I was so grateful when the end of the day came. On Thursday nights I always go out to Herndon to the DCSportBikes.net meet-up. Every Thursday sportbike riders in the NOVA, DC, and MD area get together to talk about motorcycles and different rides that are coming up. But, this Thursday I didn't make it. I really wanted to go, but I decided that it was a good time for me to install my flush mount turn signals. I was so proud of myself because I installed them with no help. Then when I got finished with that I was sitting at my computer checking emails and just passed out with the computer on my lap. About 30 min later I woke up and put the computer down and got comfy watching TV. I think that lasted for about 5 min before I was out cold. I guess that one good night of sleep is all the body needs. I feel refreshed today, and am looking forward to a night out tonight. I'm supposed to have plans with ol' boy. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully it will go well..

till next time....

have a blessed day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Locations of visitors to this page